Between returning on Monday after a substitute on Friday, a few behavior issues and resulting phone calls home, Galileo testing in the computer lab that was way over the kids' heads (ideal benchmark to show growth??), the dog getting skunked, trying to juggle Project Read, Words Their Way, Reader's Workshop, Writer's Workshop with limited support and time constraints, and a lock down drill, it's been a long week.
Here's a peek at our week, a few teacher steals and deals, my sweet girl, and what Bucket List event is in just two wake-ups.
- Our little bunny at the corn maze on Sunday.
- Because I refuse to believe summer is over.
- A messy face is the sign of a happy toddler.
- Getting creative emphasizing punc"shoe"ation courtesy of $2 "grab bags" at Michael's stores.
- Creative writing from Friday's personal day for a friend's wedding.
- Ellie de-skunked.
- Starfish Syllables from Sailing into Second which I discovered through a SoCal blog hop.
- Our September Scholastic book order came in! Hooray!
- We sorted our Words Their Way short o and long o words on paint strips.
- My sweet-tooth loving munchkin
- Perhaps the best snail mail I received all week: news that my request for a Pets in the Classroom grant was accepted!
- Successfully printed on Post-Its last night! It was so incredibly easy, I may never write on Post-Its again!
- A two-column note organizer to help us stretch a sentence about a favorite fall activity. (The magic of this profession is that 7 years in to the same grade in the same classroom at the same school, I'm still creating, tweaking, and modifying.)
- Halloween-themed prizes from Walmart for next week's BBQ Buck auction.
- Walmart back-to-school clearance
- A visit to our local teacher supply store resulted in two posters, place value block magnets, magnet circles, and a Scholastic close reading resource I've been eyeing, and they paid ME $2.24! Ah, the glory of gift certificates!
- And in two more wake-ups....
Next up, I'll be sure to share pictures from my first annual Back-to-School party for teacher friends.