Thursday, September 15, 2011

The one with the back-to-school, 5K prep, twice weekly baking, and house siding

Our first 5-day school week has been going pretty steady and smooth. I've tried a few new routines and improved a few activities and it's been nice to see the change go so smoothly.

I'm sick.

I hate being sick.


It slows me down, and I don't
like to slow down.

[Rewind 6 days]


Sarah, Leah, Momma, and I spent the weekend in Wells and Ogunquit, Maine and enjoyed gorgeous beach and poolside weather. (Not to mention some schmying and buying in the Kittery Outlets.)


Drake's Beach Saturday morning

Whipped up these guys for the MP staff for the Patriots' season opener Monday night. (They were good luck charms--they won!)


Tuesday night, the girls met in Wrentham to celebrate Danielle and E's birthday.

Last night Justin and I ran Sunday's 5K route after work. It's a bit hilly, but I'm glad we did a test run--no pun intended. I beat my personal best from May's 5K. So that's exciting.

Baked a batch of cupcakes for the secretary's birthday, and could not have been more eager to get.home.

The afternoon iced coffee, sweats, DVR, and a magazine served as some well-needed r&r but of course that didn't last too long. After an LA Ink and Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, I was sweeping the house-- dog hair (ugh!)--and ripping siding from the garage.

Dinner is in the oven, and I couldn't be happier that tomorrow is Friday and a Jeans Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment