Monday, July 15, 2013

{Belated} Sunday Smorsgsbord and Monday Made It

I may be a day late for Sunday Smorgasbord hosted by Michelle at Fabulous in First, but I made it in time for Made it Monday! :)


 

{one}
 
Wedding season is in full swing. Two weekends ago was my big sister's wedding. It was beautiful. Rather, she was beautiful. It's hard to believe it's over. I cannot wait to see the professional pictures from it.

 

{two}

The babe is changing every day. Last Tuesday was her two month appointment and she did very well with her shots. Crying was expected, but that was all. She's eating 6 ounces now! (She definitely prefers breastmilk over formula but Momma can't keep up with this little piggy!) Morning snuggles are definitely a favorite part of my day.




 

{three}

For a number of reasons, including the fact that I still have 3 weddings, 2 showers, and 2 bachelorette parties this year, my sneaks have gotten a lot of wear the past few weeks. Weather permitting, the pup, babe and I go for daily walks--two today totaling nearly 5 miles. On alternating week nights, my wonderful husband takes on baby duty when he gets home from work, I lace up, and run. Some runs are harder than others but it truly is mind over body. A mile is a mile. I'm considering following the couch-to-5K routine to get back in gear. I'd love to register for a 5K at the end of the summer to serve as further motivation. Maybe a 10K in the fall?





 {four} 

August 8 will be out third wedding anniversary. (!!!) The traditional gift is leather, and boy, am I pumped for this year's gift.  For fear the hubs may be reading this...I'm not telling! :)





{five}


A good friend forwarded me an email from Boston Casting. They're looking for a baby extra for a Warner Bros movie shooting in the city Wednesday. I emailed them the information they wanted and a few pictures of Miss K. We'll see if I hear anything!




And linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics, here is my Monday Made It
 

{Doritos crusted chicken}

I had pinned this recipe, and many others from Six Sisters' Stuff, and was ready to give it a try last night. (I always worry when I try new recipes that I will misread/mismeasure/not use common sense and royally ruin a meal.) Not this time! My husband and I both loved them, and he has three days worth of lunch. And let me tell you--one surefire way to his heart is through his stomach! Click on the image below to go directly to the recipe.






the before, during, and after of Doritos Crusted Chicken

 

{Back to School activities}

As teachers, we never stop thinking about our kids and our classroom--Target dollar bin, craft stores, blogs... Many of you have already begun your back-to-school shopping and even more of you are busy creating, cutting, prepping and laminating goodies for your class for the fall. (The evidence is on Instagram!) Here is a great Back-to-School pack of activities that includes time capsule pages for first through fifth graders for their first and last days of school as well as a self portrait template and favorites page for them to complete both at the start and end of the school year. Click the first picture to check it out on Teachers Pay Teacher.  
 
 




{ bbq-themed cupcakes}

This past Saturday the hubby, babe, and I ventured down south (nearing the RI border) to his aunt and uncle's house for a family bbq. His uncle's brother Rick was in town visiting from Florida so while the hubs and I have been together 12 years--almost 3 years married, I met a few relatives for the first time Saturday.  What's a party without cupcakes?


With the babe in bed, it's time for some quality time with the hubs!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel. I am nominating your blog for a Liebster Award. I have been a longtime follower of your blog, and I love it. Please go to my blog to get the details:
    http://www.pinkwatermelons.blogspot.com
    Congratulations!
    Susan K.

    ReplyDelete