Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday

I have found that linky parties assigned to a specific day are my best chance at stealing a few minutes to blog.  I've got lots of ideas for future blog posts--baby, Twitter, cupcakes..--but little time to plop myself in front of the computer! (Read: I left the house at 10 am today with baby and dog in tow and didn't return home until after 5!) Anyway, I'm so pleased to have discovered Cara's Favorite Pins Friday on The First Grade Parade. It also gave me a reason to look back at pins I had forgotten about! Without further ado...





{Simply click on the images to get to the source of these fabulous pins.}


Favorite school-related pins

A stop at the Target dollar bin shortly after discovering this pin has yielded me a naptime project I am quite excited about.

Task Card Storage & Organization! Finally!
It's always fascinating to document changes from the first day of school to the last. They grow so much--inside and out!


How I've grown folder for Open House - Include pictures, reading levels, and work samples from beginning and end of year. Other great ideas for open house on this blog

After adopting Reader's Workshop this year, I have come to appreciate the power of post-its.

 

Favorite sweet-tooth pins

I'm always looking for new frosting techniques.
Trend Alert: Designer Buttercream Frosted Cakes! 

I fell in love with this pin last summer, and it inspired my husband's Dirty 30 cake last year.

construction bday cake 
I'm always in search of new cupcake themes and designs. I can't wait to try this one! Play ball!
baseball field cupcakes

Favorite wardrobe pins

I am in love with white pants and strongly dislike the "rules" in place about them. Who. Cares. I LOVE the leopard print with them! Hmm.. There may be a Pin-spired outfit post in the future.

chambray, red & tb leopard 


Last fall I fell in love with the jeans/boots/long sweater look. Bonus fashion points for the matching necklace and sweater.
If you know me, you know I love color. My wardrobe closet is organized by color--for easy access and retrieval and because I love how it looks. I also love this pin because it embodies the power of a crisp white tank.

  
Favorite quote pins

 {These speak for themselves.}

.
Yes ma'am

 .
truth.
 I need this sign on my ceiling, so I can see it when I wake up! 


Favorite party pins

A slumber party favor? Yes please!
Sleepover party favor
 Because at the end of every summer I get giddy at the thought of hosting a back-to-school party for teacher friends. But alas, the party lightbulb always goes off a bit too late...

back to school party 

Glow sticks in balloons on a clear night make for a spectacular sight.

Put glow sticks in a balloon and put them all over your yard...What a great party idea! 

If that doesn't get you excited to bake, shop, and party, I'm not sure what will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment